Monday, 4 July 2016

Skills Analysis

Technological Skills Analysis


Skill Area
Sept Level
Evidence
Jan Level
Evidence
June Level
Evidence
Training Needs
Personal development plan
Camera work
1/5
Due to the fact that I have been doing media for the past year I have some experience with cameras. But I could of improved, since I did not exactly know how to use the tripod properly at the time.  We can see this in my video “NO HOMEWORK” where the camera moved very slow and did not catch up with the person moving
3/5
With learning how to perfectly use the tripod I managed to be able to make some short videos with the camera, such as my video “the
4/5
Now learning multiple camera angles, and different types of camera shots, I am able to make a lot of interesting shots with the cameras. You can see that I used many camera shots in the live day that my class did.
-Learn to not to move the camera too much
-Learn more about where the wires go.
-Practice more  with cameras and tripods and try not to move the tripod too much when filming
-Research more about the wires.
Video Editing
1/5
Since I have been doing media for the year before I already have some experience with editing, and my editing skills have not been very good,  you can see this in my video called “assignment” 
2/5
When making a music video there was a lot of editing included, and I did get confused when I needed to render it.
4/5
Since I have edited many videos this  year I have a lot of videos this year, I got to know a lot when it comes to editing.
-Learn more about rendering
-Learn more about how to make videos  last a certain amount of time.
-Practice more with rendering so I get a better understanding on how to do it
-Try to practice cutting videos to make them last a certain amount of time, so I could do it for other videos.
Graphic design & production
1/5
I have been using livetype and fireworks before this year so I already do have some experience when it comes to graphic design., you can see livetype used in my me-vid through some parts of the video
3/5
When I made my me-vid I got to know a lot about using graphics, so I practiced a lot so I could know how to do it in future projects. Such as
4/5
Now knowing different fonts that I could use, and how exactly I could make graphics  and adding pictures, I got to know a lot about making graphics.
-Learn more about when in the video to add graphics
-Learn more about rendering the graphics
-Practice using graphics and adding them to the video, so I know how to do it in future projects
-Research more about rendering, so I will get a better understanding
Animation and advanced techniques
1/5
Since I already used equipment such as a green screen., in my me vid, there were not other advanced techniques that I knew of
2/5
Since I used the green screen for my me-vid I got to know a lot about using the green screen but had some trouble with the use of colour
4/5
When I was making my me vid, in the part where I explained what I wanted to do in the future, I used a green screen. Having not knowing many advanced techniques , I am not very aware of  all of the advanced techniques which could help me with making  videos.
-Learn more advanced techniques
-Learn how to use the green screen correctly
-Research different advanced techniques
-Practice using the green screen, so I know exactly how to use it.
Blogging & Online
1/5
Having not been doing any blogging before this year, I had no blogging experience at the time, but I managed to write a lot with the information I was given , you can see this in one of my blogs titled “ANALYSING MY SONG ”
2/5
Having done a few blogs for homework, I got to know  some skills when it comes to blogging, but I could improve on the structure of my writing, and how much I wrote, such as in one of my blogs titled  “permission to film” I did not write that much
4/5
Now knowing how to get past word count , and how exactly I write my blogs, I think I write blogs very well  but have trouble with placing videos, such as in the blog called  “2D animation ident” I had trouble placing the video but then I figured it out.
-Learn more about how videos work on blogger
-Learn more about embed codes 
-Try to research about videos on blogger, so I get a better understanding
-Practice using embed codes on blogger so I will know how exactly to place them.

Personal Skills Analysis


Skill Area
Sept Level
Evidence
Jan Level
Evidence
June Level
Evidence
Training Needs
Personal development plan
Written
Communication
1/5
Before this year  I had to do a lot of writing, so I already had experience when it came to writing and I had not really been specific with topics in blogs at this time, we can see this in blogs that I have done for unit 8 such as the ownership blog.
3/5
Having done a lot of writing on a lot of pieces of homework, I have gotten to write very fast, especially on the computer. For blogs such as in one of my blogs titled “Product Market Research: My Favorite Film” you can see that I wrote a lot, and this was done in a short amount of time.
4/5
Having been writing a lot in a short amount of time, I have learnt to type a lot of writing very quickly, this can be seen in one of my blogs titled “Quantitative Survey Research: My Favorite Film ” you can see that I wrote a lot, with the short amount of time that I was given this helped a lot with my work.
--Work on the structure and how exactly I write
-Work on my spelling, and make sure I don’t misspell anything
-Try to fix some of the structure in my writing, and watch videos on structure, so I get a better understanding.
-Practice  my spelling so I don’t make any mistakes in the future.
Verbal Communication & Listening
1/5
When it comes to communicating I was not very strong with publically talking at this point, When I was one of the directors when making the Wayne’s World Swede, I had to talk to a lot of people, but at the time the communication was not that good.
3/5
When it got to  June I had to talk and listen a lot, since I was the camera man on live day. I had to mainly listen to the director to see where I should go and what I should do, which made my listening skills improve.
4/5
After we did live day I am very confident with talking to people, but I do sometimes mumble when talking.
-Try to not mumble when talking to people
-Learn to talk more with others
-Try to always speak clearly when I talk to others
-talk to others more
Presentation & Confidence
1/5
.At this point I was not very confident when talking to others, and got very nervous when I spoke in front of people You can see this in  when I was pitching the idea for my music video, since I was very nervous to talk in front of a group of people.
2/5
At this point I was still nervous when talking to people, I got very nervous when I was pitching my idea for my music video,

4/5
Now I am confident with talking in front of groups, such as in the BBC trip when they asked questions , but I could still improve, since I sometimes do get nervous
--Try to be more confident when talking to others
-Try not to mumble
-Practice talking in front of groups of people so I get used to it, and feel more confortable when talking to groups.
-Try to always speak clearly
Commitment, reliability & punctuality

4/5
When it came to doing the work I always managed to finish everything on the unit 8 blogs, every blog that I did, I managed to get them done in time for the deadline
4/5
When I was doing the music video blogs , I managed to do everything at the right time, so I met every deadline
4/5
With all of the ident blogs, I managed to get everything to the right standard an
-Try to get more things to write about
-Check all spelling to make sure nothing is messed up
-Always research when doing a blog
-Always go on word to check any spelling errors
Teamwork
1/5
At this time I was not very confident when talking to others, such as when I was making the  short films, I was not very confident and didn’t talk much.
3/5
At this time I gotten more confident, such as when I was making the music video, I started working better with others
4/5
When it came to making the idents, I have gotten very confortable talking to others, and working as a team.
-Talk to others more
-listen to others more
-When talking to peopl
Independent Working
1/5
At this time I was fine working on my own, but I did have some trouble doing some of the work by myself, such as when I was making the short films.
3/5
At this time I started to get more confident with my work, and started to be able to do work by myself without support, such as when I made “The Encounter” , but I still needed a little help when it sometimes came to the blogs.
4/5
Now when I make the idents, I am very confident when it comes to the work, but sometimes I do find things difficult, and might need help.
-Try to know more about the topics beforehand so I wont need help
-try to do work by myself more often
-Research on the internet about the topics.
-practice working by myself more so I get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment