FULL-TIME EDUCATION
Full time education is supervised study, that is weekly during term time, this lasts twelve hours or more a day. By doing full time education, you will be able to achieve your GCSE's, your A levels and will even be able to get a diploma, which will help you get a job and possibly work for companies such as the BBC, which accepts people who have achieved GCSE's, A levels etc, as they have many jobs for their company that accepts ,many people. An example of a place that supplies full time education, is Chadwell Heath Academy, which is a school, which allows students to be able to have a education throughout term time, they allow students to achieve their GCSE's and A levels and tries their best to give them a good education. Full time education is very important for people who want to get in the media industry, because if you want a job such as a director or a producer, you will need to be taught a lot about those jobs before you get them, since most places in the industry only accept people with certain qualifications, if they do not have the qualifications required, they might not be able to get a job. In my position, I am in full time education in Chadwell Heath Academy, and currently studying Media,Maths and English, by doing this it allows me to gain knowledge on subjects, and lets me gain more skills on different subjects. By studying subjects such as media, it allowed me to know more about the media industry, such as different camera angles, and types of shots, by learning this, it could help me become a camera man, and film movies or TV shows, which could be good for my career.
PART-TIME EDUCATION
Part time education is similar to full time education, except that the hours of education that you get per week is reduced, and the length of the courses increase, and night courses might be included, Havering college of further and higher education is a college that has courses for students, to allow them to know more about the industry, and possibly get a job in the TV and film industry. Part time education allows people to still get the same amount of knowledge as people that do full time education, but this one takes longer to teach. When it gets close to exams I chose to go to tuition classes. which help teach the same as what schools teach, but on a weekly basis on certain days. In the tuition I studied subjects such as maths and English, which both can help when finding a job in the film and TV industry, such as English can help you become a director, because you will be able to communicate with other people better, which will help command others to do multiple types of rolls which can help produce a film or TV show.
LEVELS
Levels and qualifications are very different. They have a range of entry from secondary education up to university education. An example of this would be level one qualification, this means the same as GCSE D-G grades. An example of a place that provides this is Arizona State University which is a university that runs courses just like this. In the film and TV industry, you need to know certain things to do certain jobs, such as a camera operator or an editor, and by taking the courses, you can see what you could do in the industry, as you learn certain things then end up possibly getting a job in the media industry, because you might know what to do, from learning about it in certain courses. Currently I am in sixth form and I am still trying to pass GCSE maths and English and I am doing Media, and I have learnt a lot from going to those lessons, because I have learnt multiple topics on how the media industry works, which could help in the future to get a job, since you will already know what to do when you get a job, especially in the media industry.
GRADUATE
Graduate is when you accomplish your studies in further education, such as sixth form or collage and then go to higher education, such as university, and will now be able to get a job/career. Universities such as university of Oxford, which help guide students to graduate and earn a diploma, and show what qualifications they have, and how they can be useful in the future. In the film and TV industry, you need certain qualifications to get a job, such as you will need high qualifications if you want to have a job such as a director. and by graduating you can show what qualification you have and will be able to get a job such as a camera man, or an editor, etc, and by graduating and showing your qualifications, you get respected more by others. With my situation I am currently in sixth form and have not gotten into a university yet, but once I do graduate sixth form, I am planning on going to one in the future. By learning skills in classes such as media, I learnt that I am very good with cameras, and I think when I graduate, I will show my skills and qualifications, and possibly become a cameraman in the film and TV industry.
SECTOR SKILLS COUNCILS
Also known as SSC, Sector Skills Councils is an independent company in the UK, that is large and strategic, They are a very big organization in the UK, they specialize in helping others by giving them careers advice, and investments, training, research, etc. City University London, is a university that help students achieve skills and teach topics such as investments, research and training, which help the students in the future. In a media career this is very useful, because with the advice and the training, you will get to know more about the industry, and that will help get a good job, because you will already know what to do. In my current position I am still learning about the industry with research and learning about training, in my media lessons,and by learning more about the industry, I get to know what to do when I get a job, this could possibly help get into the industry as I would already know about it.
TRADE UNION
Trade unions protect jobs and increase membership, they are ran by people that work in the job, they talk to other employers, about payments for the employees and their conditions. They are ran by people who work in the job, and work towards people in the same specific area. An example of a trade union would be Bectu.org.uk who are the entertainment trade union who negotiate with employees, and they help give advice to them about jobs. In a media career this is good for employees, because they get to discuss about payment and conditions, in a workplace, so if they have a job that they dont desire, they can discuss about it, and could possibly get a better job in the industry. With my situation I am currently in sixth form and don't have a job yet, so I have not dealt with trade unions, but I am planning to discuss with people in the future about getting a job in the film and TV industry, which could help in the future and be very useful.
CAREERS SERVICES
Career services give advice to people on job prospects and any advice to reach their career. An example of this would be the national career service because they try to help other people find a job in the TV and film industry, and help them get hired by an employers that own the company, In a media career this could be very useful since it can help you get a job in the film and TV industry, such as a boom operator, or a producer, because other people help you find a job, instead of having to find a job for yourself, which could help build a career for you. In my situation, I have no experience or skills related to this, but I am still learning on how i could possibly get a job in the future, by learning more i could possibly find a job in the film and TV industry which could be useful.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT
TRAINING ON THE JOB
Training on the job is when an employee will be training while they are at the workplace, this could be by either a professional trainer, or an experienced employee, this is usually done inside a classroom. An example of this would be a runner which are people that learn about the film and TV industry, while working at the same time on a film studio set serving people. Training on the job is very important in a media career, especially being a runner, since being a runner can lead to possibly being a producer, or a cameraman, etc, because you will learn more about the industry while working at the same time, which could be very useful,since you learn as you go. In my situation, I have not done anything like this currently, such as becoming a runner, so I have no experience in training on the job, and my skills related to this is not very useful in a media career, but I am planning to possibly be in the media industry in the future, and could possibly be a runner to gain experience.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Continuing professional development is when an employee learns about a certain job, inside a professional environment, this is usually done inside a classroom, where they are taught about it. An example would be an editing classroom, which lets students learn the basics of how to edit videos inside a classroom. In these editing classrooms they learn multiple topics, such as learning how to edit with multiple software's and even different ways to edit. This can be very useful in a media career because, it can help become a professional editor, for either music videos, or even films, since you will already know how to use editing software's and will already know how to edit which could be very useful. I have experience with editing videos in my media class, using final cut, and before I used to edit videos with windows movie maker, so I do already have experience with editing, but at the same time I am still learning more about it. With my skills with editing, I think that I am still in the process of learning everything about editing, so I dont think it would be very useful in a media career.
SELF-TRAINING
Self training is the training that people do by themselves, they teach themselves how to do something, and focus, on their timing, delivery, and how much they actually do. This can be done by simply going through the internet, and going on online courses, or watching tutorial videos, which could help train yourself to do a certain job. This issue is very important in a media career because, just in case you might not have anyone else to teach you. you can easily access the internet, and you can train yourself to do a certain job such as working with cameras, or editing, because there is a range of videos and websites online that could help teach you what to do, and after looking at then you can try it out for yourself, and could possibly become an editor or a camera operator, by using these videos and using the experience you have. With my experience with revision on cameras, by looking at videos related to it, I practiced with my brothers camera, and I am slowly improving with my camera skills, these skills could be very useful in a media career, since I can possibly be a camera operator, with the experience I already have.
TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
COMMITMENT
Commitment is when a person should be working extremely hard at everything they do, to show that they are committed to their job. An example is how someone would work extremely hard at the same time possibly show that they enjoy doing the work, to show that they are dedicating to do it. In a media career, having dedicated employees is very useful, since if they are committed, the work will be done better, as they wil know what they are doing while being dedicated. With my situation, I show that I am committed to my media work, because I try my best to do the work perfectly, while enjoying it at the same time, as it is an industry that I would like to work in the future. With my skills of being committed to work, in a workplace this could possibly get a promotion, since employers might promote their employees that work the hardest, which is very good for the employee.
EFFICIENCY
Efficiency is when you do work very well in good quality, whenever you are given it. An example of a person being efficient would be an employee that always does their work in good condition, without any mistakes in the work, such as if you are an editor all of the film, is put together neatly and just as planned, without any mistakes. In a media career being efficient could be good, incase you want a raise since if you do all the work in good condition, the employer will play you more, which is very beneficial for the employee. In my situation I try to do all my work with good quality, and if there are any mistakes or something that doesn't seem right, I fix it to make the work better, Being efficient can be very good for a media career, so if you are an editor, or a camera operator, if the film is done very well, the employee will appreciate you more, and you will be someone that the employee can trust to do work in high quality.
RELIABILITY AND PUNCTUALITY
Reliability and punctuality is when people need to feel like they can trust someone to complete a certain task, and be able to do something before a deadline, and deliver it well in very good quality. An example would be when student is given homework, and is told to finish it before a certain day, in good quality, to fit the right standards, and then they do it, which shows they can be trusted and someone they can rely on. In a media career, if you always do this, you can be someone that the employer can trust, and they could possibly give you better work to do, such as if you are a camera operator, you will be promoted and will possibly be given better equipment to use, and will be trusted to take care of it,, which can lead to a promotion or a raise, which is very beneficial. Whenever I get a piece of homework I always do it on the day given, if not the day after in good quality, so I dont have to worry about deadlines and try to do it with as much good quality as possible, because I will already know its finished. With my skills I think I am someone to rely on to do a certain job, depending on what it is, which could be very useful in a media career, as i can be trusted to do a certain job well.
SELF-PRESENTATION
Self-presentation is how you present yourself, through how you reveal yourself to others, either the way you look/speak or how you do your work, the way you can do this is speak very clearly, and dress neat, and do work in good condition, so you look like a worker that the employer needs. In a media career by doing this, you can possibly become a host for a show, if you are presented well, since a leader (such as a host) would be the best self presented person, and being self presented well, you cam possibly get a good job in the media industry such as a host and get paid well.. In my situation I try to talk clearly, but I sometimes mumble, this isn't good especially if you want a job in the industry such as a host, and most hosts don't mumble
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
ICT
ICT which stands for Informal and Communication Technologies is a subject that teaches how to do multiple tasks on the computer, such as making a website, or editing videos. An example of a place that teaches this subject is Chadwell Heath Academy, that teach it to their students on a weekly basis, certain days Monday-Friday, and teach multiple topics that could help in a media career, such as being an editor or an animator for a film, Currently I don't have any lessons of ICT, but since year 7, I had ICT classes on a weekly basis, which taught me multiple computer related topics, such as animation, website making, etc. In a media related workplace ICT skills could be very beneficial, because by doing these topics, it could help get very far in a media career, because you could possibly edit, or animate for a very big company, which could earn a lot of money.With my skills I think that I am not very good with ICT, so it wont really help much with a media career, but by practicing on the computer more with animation, by using flash, I could improve and could possibly become an animator.
MATHEMATICS
Mathematics is a subject that is the study of numbers, and focuses on a range of topics that could possibly help you in real life, such as fractions, decimals and percentages, and more. Chadwell Heath Academy is a school that teaches this to all their students, and do lessons throughout the weeks on certain days. Mathematics could be important in a media career, incase you are a producer, and has to deal with the budgets, you will need to see how much everything will cost, and by being good at maths, this could be very useful. Currently I am resitting my GCSE maths, and I am doing lessons every week. With my skills with mathematics, I am very good at counting money, which could help with budgets, from the experience I had in the past, it could possibly be useful if I ever get to be in charge of dealing with budgets
ENGLISH
English, is a subject where you learn about literacy, oral presentation and story writing, and more, and is taught in schools everywhere, Chadwell Heath Academy is a school that teaches this subject on a weekly basis. English can be very useful, especially incase you want to be a script writer, for a film or a TV show since if you take English lessons you will learn how to write stories, and it could get you very far in the industry.In my situation I am currently taking classes for a resit for my GCSE, and I am still improving on writing and making my own stories, as I once made a story in english called "The Black Mass" and I learnt that I can come up with many ideas for stories, that could possibly become movies, this could be very good in a media career, because it could possibly help becoming a director of a film, or even a TV show,
No comments:
Post a Comment